Central Bank Confirms, Unemployment Decreased
Albanian Daily News
Published October 5, 2017
Unemployment in Albania decreased during the first 6-month of 2017. This fact is confirmed by a special questionnaire conducted by the Bank of Albania focused on the Albanian families’ financial situation during the first semester of 2017.
The questionnaire indicates the increasing employment in the public enterprises or administration as the main reason behind this positive change.

“During the first semester of 2017 the number of employed people in the monitored sector was higher in comparison to the past year,” the Central Bank reported.

Some 1209 randomly chosen Albanian families became part of this questionnaire. Around 55% of them live in the urban areas while the remaining 45% lives in the country’s rural areas.

The employment in public enterprises or administration during the first semester of this year was mostly related to the electoral campaign that preceded the parliamentary elections. This is a known phenomenon that is repeated ahead of each electoral campaign for electoral benefits.



Politics
MORE
Economy
MORE
Social
MORE
Current Events
MORE
Op-Ed
MORE

Archaeological Cafes

A visible construction intervention within Butrint's archaeological park area... October 14, 2017
World News
MORE