Blast in Velipoja, Restaurant Owner Indicted
Albanian Daily News
Published July 29, 2017
The Technical and Industrial Inspectorate (TII) indicted on Saturday the owner of a restaurant in Velipoja following a blast one day ago that wounded 20 people. The restaurant's owner was sued for violation of the safety rules by secretly installing a 1000-liters gas tank in the basement.
A minute inspection conducted by the TII experts indicated that the large gas tank had been installed underground and covered with sand in total disregard of the safety rules. The experts also ascertained that the powerful blast was caused by a gas leak in the restaurant's kitchen.
The restaurant's owner will now face trial on grounds of safety rules and failure to inform the TII over the installation of the gas tank in the building's basement.